X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Discussion in 'Creative Writing, Graphics, Movies, etc.' started by Roch The Shaman, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Xamiazi
    Veteran

Paramedic/Navy SEAL
    I think it was good, nothing special - to much talking, gambit was awesome and van wilder was awesome as always hahahah

Im looking forward to Star Trek and Terminator Salvation, I think christian bale will do a kick ass job.

2. Baylian

Well they did some changes to deadpool. Originally he only had regeneration ability and a teleport ability granted to him through a device, not a mutant ability. all the other abilities, his super sword action and eye blast was crap. Although for movies sake i thought they did a superb job on him. And compared to all the previous x-men fuck ups i think its relatively minor.

The true reason i only ever watched this xmen movie was for gambit, which i think they did an good job on,The only gripe i have is the fact that they did not do his accent very well at all, it was fairly non existant which pissed me off. I also wish he was a bit younger so at least in my mind they could of used gambit to get his girl at a later movie(rogue). Yet another complete fuck up by the screen play and writers.

All in all it was pretty good. Like i said the only reason i even bothered to watch it was cuz of Gambit as he is and always will be my favorite comic character. They really need a movie all for himself to explain his history as its so richly detailed.

3. TheEPIC
    Veteran

I agree that a Gambit movie would kick total ass. But there is so much story to tell, that if they tried to make it a one-off it would probably suck.

4. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

They need to re-cast gambit, he has the look, but not the accent that I imagined.

As for deadpool, I, a deadpool fan, was sadly disapointed.

The movie was worth going to see, but still wasn't worth the hype. But as mentioned, on a positive note, the role of Sabertooth was flawless. Although I think the story behind Wolverine and his name was complete BS, but I could be wrong.

movies I would like to see completed would be deadpool, cable, and bishop.

On a side note, anyone have any predictions for the next Fantastic Four? I want to say Galactus but, he would kick their asses. Galactus is the most powerful being in Marvel I think followed by Thanos and Phenoix, then what...Apocolypse?

Lot of movie potential in the future. Any guesses as to what's next?

5. Slares

Assembly Mechanic for The Boeing Company
    Im sorry I was kinda pissed off with what they did to Deadpool. Gambit didn't have the accent that would have made him epic but thats the only gripe I have. If you ignore the comic book history it was a good movie. Pisses me off when they fuck up characters as cool as deadpool.....

6. Valindria
    Veteran

Software Engineer
    X-Men 2 > X-Men 1 > X-Men Origins > X-Men 3.

That's my order. X-Men 2 is still my favorite. I liked this movie. It started slow (which I guess an origins movie means its ok) but had some good fight scenes. I love gambit. I needed more of him. I guess basically the thing that bothered me is most of the cool parts were shown in the trailer.

P.S. Emma Frost was in it, she is the girl that can turn to Diamonds. She is even in the trailer.

7. Jeb

[​IMG]

Although the first posted image is hotter, this is the more normal costume for her.

The problem with all the X-Men movies is that they focus it on Wolverine... yes he is a great character, but if your going to have 1 and 2 with a big focus on him, and even 3 with a large focus on him, why do a 4th with even more focus on him...

3 was just sad, you had Phoenix, being one of the most powerful in the movie, and she just stands around most the time... 3 was also where they changed up the directors as well though which I usually find is a bad thing... (think batman3 and onwards)

I have yet to see it, but I am like Shoji, and go for movie and ignore the story flaws for the most part, but again 3 was just plain bad IMO.

8. Ryld Baenre
    Veteran FPS Member

I noticed that also. There was a striking resemblance there, that is for sure. I am not too well versed in all the Xmen so I wasn't sure if it was her or not. Just a gut feeling. The girl they found to play the young version of her was definitely pleasant on the eyes though.

As far as deadpool.....the character is supposed to have superhuman reflexes, strength and agility, no? and also be an expert swordsman. So I would say it's not totally out of the question as far as the super swords thing goes but I would say a tiny bit of liberty was taken with it. All in all as said before, nitpick all you want but it was a good film when it comes down to it. People need to stop paying so much attention to hype ffs.

As an aside did anyone stay through the credits and see any sort of extra seen? I read somewhere that some theatrical releases contained a scene where deadpools hand was seen crawling around and then his head said soemthing.

@Kyoji - Galactus was already done in fantastic four. He was the villain in rise of the silver surfer. They didn't show him supposedly becasue they wanted to save it for the silver surfer movie that is supposed to be in production or being worked on.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  9. Norrak
    Veteran

Tech Support
    I stayed until the end, ever since Pirate of the Carribean 3 I am a bit paranoid... and with reason ;) And of course the following is a BIG SPOILER!!!

At the end you see Deadpool's arm reach out to his head and the skin covering the mouth was cut open, he looks at the screen and goes "shhhhhhh".

10. Ryld Baenre
    Veteran FPS Member

Crap. I want to see it even though I already know what happens >.< Guess, I'll have to find just the ending somehow.

11. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

yeah I thought that was him, but wasn't sure. If they do something with him it may be with the league they are forming with Ironman, Hulk, etc as Galactus is stupid powerful.

Galactus and heck they can even do Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. For X-Men they just have to do Sinister. But, I thought in the comics that in the struggle with Galactus the Fantastic Four died or at least I know Mr Fantastic did while Silver Surfer stole Thanos' gauntlet then destroyed it. So, basically, some of the storyline would have to be changed or condensed as no one cares about Silver Surfer giving half of his power to the one he loved then almost killed her when she revolted against him then they destroyed the gauntlet...a bit much yes?

I can understand mixing a few things up for the movies but, the laser eyes and adamantium swords was beyond overkill...it was plain stupid.

The action was nice, a bit slow at times, but still kinda cheesy at the end since I am a deadpool fan. Hopefully they will touch up on deadpool and with his outfit and mask will be looking a lot cooler for future use.

Deadpool was also versed in guns if im not mistaken. Emma Frost is also known as White Queen btw for those that were a bit confused with the time line.

The villains I want to see most are probably Apocalypse, Sinister, and Thanos. Although to effectively do that they have to upgrade the movies from the kiddy version to the full blown grown up version where they are all adults...X-Men should be targeted towards adults more since the show's release most of them are now 20+ not 16 and still in high school, but I guess demographically teens buy more tickets or something. Quite sad.

12. Slares

Assembly Mechanic for The Boeing Company
    Yeah Deadpool wasnt just a sword guy he was the worlds greatest assassin skilled in many many diffrent ways to kill people. The only mutation he had was his regeneration which outstripes wolverines. He was also fairly quick. The only teleportion he had was a belt given to him by Cable and it allowed him to move great distances but it took to long to activate to be used in combat. Deadpool is hilarious and a bad ass character one of my favorites.

13. Nishua
    Veteran

Student for life.

Still need to see Wolverine but Terminator is definitely on the list. I've been watching the show on Fox which was awesome. YOU BETTER NOT CANCEL IT FOX!!!

14. Baylian

They will now that you said something.

15. Sirius
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Software developer
    Just saw this tonight... it was fun/worth watching, probably more so considering I never read the comic books to get put off by the lack of adherence. Although I've only seen X2 before, of the previous movies. Intended to watch the others eventually but haven't gotten there yet.

Actually, I recall the reviews have been pretty mixed on the film, too. Maybe I just have a lack of taste, but if it makes one happier, it can't be all bad, surely?

Still. I didn't know anything about Gambit prior to this - had just heard the name - but he did really leave quite an impression. Cool abilities, nice fighting style (that bo staff vs. giant chunk of reinforced concrete section was strangely reminiscent of Bleach), and the guy looks kind of... dashing... too. :) (I'm not gay, but still noticed for some reason.) Don't know what accent he's supposed to have but it would only improve the appeal I suspect. Hopefully he returns in any sequels they make.

Sadly, I only saw the first clip during the credits. After another minute or so had gone by I decided it was time to head home since it was kind of late and didn't expect anything else to follow. But oh well.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  16. EF2
    Veteran

Media Photographer
    Wow, I've never walked out of a movie until maybe 5 minutes after the credits stopped rolling, just to talk about the movie and such while everyone else leaves.

17. Sirius
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Software developer
    Probably the last time I do either. I went alone though.