State of this Division?

Discussion in 'Camelot Unchained Public Chat' started by Eumaeos Romanus, May 8, 2015.

1. Eumaeos Romanus
    Veteran Crowfall Member

What's going on with CU at this point?

I'm still around and playing AA a little bit, but spending a lot more time working than playing atm. Wondering what the early opinions are on this title and whether it is something that Xen is going to really hit on launch.

Any thing you can enlighten me with?

2. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    Hey brother!

Pretty much because we wasn't expecting a real alpha to come out. We was expecting more of a finished product when we bought into the early alpha. Currently we have pulled back on recruiting, taking our time, and just all around playing together on different titles. Once the game enters a more playable and more enjoyable state for everyone, we will jump back on recruiting and setting up "Xen time" if you will.

We haven't even come close to talking about Launch time yet. Because of where it stands, it is in our to watch and pray list. Due to the developers that are working on it, some members (me and Rakion) have a ton of faith in.

So keep checking in, we will keep updating when we can. Once we have a better grasp (leadership and Division coordinators) we will have more information for current membership and what if anything we will be looking to do.

Love ya ER!

Can't wait to play with you again

DT

3. Obscure
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Has there been any visible progress to the game ever since the alpha testing began? The way I see it, with the current pace of progression, a 2016 release seems way too optimistic. But, again, I'm not into alpha and haven't really had any experience with the developers from other games so I don't really have a clear picture, would love it if somebody with more information could give me his/her rough estimate.

4. FriendlyFire
    Veteran Star Citizen Member

5. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

We will just have to wait and see. Sadly there isn't a whole lot going on right now due to the state of the game simply not holding the interest of the people playing it. Just have to give it some time.

6. Lanthar
    Veteran Camelot Unchained Member

Yeah I'm hoping great things for this game as we all are I'm sure.

7. Scarr
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Military
    I honestly feel like I was robbed when I donated close to $300 for this hot mess. I have went all in on kickstarters before and they paid off (Pillars of Eternity) & Star Citizen at least feels like it is progressing. Camelot is on the far backburner for me, I will check in on things around the end of 2016. It is no where near a game at this point.

8. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Welcome to engine development.

9. Azraeli
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Ugh this is unfortunate but I'll keep my hopes up. Just struggling to find something to play at this point as I want something new already :p

10. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

There is a thread in upcoming games or check out other games forum section. Tons of games in most people's backlogs as well to finish. I'll be grinding out Destiny and my single player titles until things start getting released.

11. Kyoji

Been playing ARK, Armored Warfare, and World of Warships to pass my time. So far enjoying them.

12. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    You were crazy for getting in that much, I knew this one would be a looong shot

13. Scarr
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Military
    LOL Ironjaw, after the 15k I dropped on ArcheAge.... whats $300? Fuck me!

See my pain below...
    Code:
     TOO DAMN MUCH! 

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  14. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Jesus fucking christ.

Why....

15. Scarr
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Military
    I think we all spent too much on AA, some more than others but in the end I think we need to realize that no game is going to hold our attention like the games of old. Ever since UO and EQ ended for me, I've been in this never ending cycle of running through MMOs for the past 10+ years and nothing has kept my interest more than 6 months.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  16. Kyoji

No need to keep your interest for more than 6 months. If you purchase the box cost of $60 for the game and play for 6 months that is what 33 cents a day? Not bad. Plus there isn't a need to play for longer because by then all the fun has been absorbed. Minecraft is a sandbox that can be played indefinitely but eventually you will get bored. People keep trying to find the perfect game (I did at once myself) but get depressed when the game they had high hopes for falls short. Purchase, play, rinse, repeat. You wouldn't want to watch the same movie over and over so why be stuck with an MMO for so long?

Granted $15k is absurd and $300 for CU in it's current state is basically crowd funding the game.

17. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    I agree with Kyoji to a point. At the same time, when we play a game that we end up dedicating hour and hours into. You expect it to hold your interest and more. I have to agree with Scarr, EQ1 and DAOC. I played those games for YEARS... YEARS... why? Because on EQ1 the community that the people brought, the actual feeling of accomplishment when you done something was so large that you went to work to brag about it to people who didn't even play the game. Same with DAOC, it kept me so involved with the RVR, that I couldn't put it down. Oh wait we got DF back? Lets go and assassinate every single person in there. Man they took our relics ninja style in the early morning? Screw that lets go rock their faces during prime time.

These feelings is what the MMO community is looking to find again. The next game that gives us those feelings again. Will truly be the next "WOW KILLER" cause all of us are going to flock back to it, and if they keep us happy you will see tons of people stick it out with them more than they should.

-THE DARKTIDE