Pwncake - Rogue

Discussion in 'Accepted and on Probation' started by Pwncake, May 29, 2010.

1. Pwncake

1. Character Info: Name, Class, Main Spec (Link armory):
    -Pwncake
    -Rogue
    -Combat

2. Explain your talent selection (theorycrafting source, specialization choices etc): I'm currently Combat spec. There's lots of debate between Mutilate and Combat spec regarding which spec pumps out more DPS; if there are any differences, they are negligible. I read up on EJ and some of the class forums on the World of Warcraft forums from time to time as well. Aldrianna's Spreadsheet and iDPS are also valuable tools to determine gems/enchants.

3. Your Age: 18

4. Current professions and their raid benefit: Mining and JC. JC gives me the three awesome gems for just a little bit more to whatever stat I wish. Planning on going Enchanting in replace of mining soon but don't have the gold to start off as of now.

5. How long you've been playing WoW and what PvE progression you've accomplished: This rogue was created when Ulduar came out, so most of my WoW progression has not been accomplished on her. However, on now retired characters, I have done everything except for some of old Naxx and LK in ICC.

6. Describe how you theorycraft your class (websites, spreadsheets, etc): I use iDPS and Aldrianna's Spreadsheet mainly. I also like to listen to the EJ math wizz's ramble about the 1% DPS increase X will do.

7. Occupation and living arrangements that impact raiding (family, schedule, etc): Senior in high school and livin' with the parents, but the evenings are all mine.

8. Guild History - where are you leaving and why: Just transferred here from a PvE server. I left that server because my guild's raid progression went from bleh to horrible. The guild leader was also hacked and since that point everything kind of fell apart. I transferred to Sargeras because some friends of mine play here.

9. How did you hear about us? List any friends/references within the guild: I saw a thread on the server forums on the World of Warcraft website, and saw a macro in trade chat.

10. List your raid consumables and your method for maximizing them: Flask of Endless Rage and Blackened Dragonfin or Fish Feast.

11. List scheduling conflicts (include times for possible weekend 10mans): I currently have no scheduling conflicts.

12. Provide your raid damage/healing performance. Examples are Recount Screenshot with personal breakdown of attacks, WoW Web Stats (WWS), or World of Logs: I Don't currently have any parses. As a reference, I usually get around 10.5-12k DPS on Saurfang, depending on the group composition.

13. Provide a screenshot of your UI: [​IMG]

14. Can you take constructive criticism and being call out on mistakes (both in and out of raid)? Of course.

15. Final comments you feel could help your application: I'll bake everyone cookies on raid nights.

2. Lime
    Veteran

Network Engineering
    Link armory with your PvE gear on.

3. Pwncake

I should have said something, but I just transferred and the armory hasn't updated. As soon as the armory has updated, I will edit my application.

Sorry!

4. twinblades
    Veteran

Student
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=pwncake
    I have a couple Questions for you.

1. Would you consider changing from a Blood Elf to Orc to maximize your DPS by allowing yourself to be able to drop your expertise gems in order to pick up more Armor Penetration?
    2. Would you ever consider changing your Mining to Engineering rather than Enchanting?
    3. Why have you not gotten your Tier 10 2-Piece yet since it is a rather large DPS increase especially for the raid?
    4. As far as your shoulder enchant do you currently not have enough reputation for the Greater Inscription of the Axe? If not are you working on it by doing your dailies and dungeons for the reputation (Triumph Badges for Sons of Hodir Commendation Badge)?
    5. How come you are using in your chest piece a [ITEM]Bright Cardinal Ruby[/ITEM] & a [ITEM]Stark Ametrine[/ITEM] instead of stacking Armor Penetration?
    6. Why haven't you had the Bladeborn Leggings crafted to increase your Armor Penetration?

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  5. Pwncake

No.

If it increased my DPS more than Enchanting, yes.

I got all the frost badge gear before going for tier gear. I have about 8 badges before I'll have 2 piece t10.

Currently doing that right now.

Oh wow, I didn't notice that I didn't replace that with with a Fractured Cardinal Ruby. I was Mutilate before going combat. I'm changing it now.

Not enough gold yet. EDIT: I just checked the price of primordials here, and they are about 75% cheaper in the AH. I can probably get the leggings very soon.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
  6. twinblades
    Veteran

Student
    2. Currently the the top two professions are Engineering and JC for us.
    3. For combat rogues you only really need to worry about getting the Helm and Shoulder for your set bonus. No other tier piece is really beneficial.
    5. The [ITEM]Nightmare Tear[/ITEM] you currently have in your chest will satisfy two color of any gem that you require for your meta which in this case would be yellow and blue. This will allow you to activate your meta by stacking all Armor Penetration with only that one [ITEM]Nightmare Tear[/ITEM] to activate the meta.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  7. Pwncake

2. When I get enough gold to powerlevel Engineering quick, I will switch.

3. Just got the head/shoulders for the 2 piece bonus.

5. Replaced my yellow with another ArP gem. Thanks.

8. twinblades
    Veteran

Student
    The only other issue with your gear I would have to say would be that you should replace that [item]Nightmare Tear[/item] with a [ITEM]Fractured Cardinal Ruby[/ITEM] and throwing the [item]Nightmare Tear[/item] into another socket, such as your belt or gloves. By doing so you gain the socket bonus of either one which is an additional 6 agility.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  9. Lime
    Veteran

Network Engineering
    On a typical boss, go over your opening sequence.

10. Pala
    Veteran

It appears with the other rogue app we may be full on rogues (I could be wrong). If so, lets just give him an answer instead of dragging this out.

11. Pwncake

I open up with 2-3 SS, whatever gets me 4-5 pts, then do a SnD. After that, I just SS 2-3 times for 4-5 pts, and Eviscerate. Rinse and repeat. Keep up SnD and that's about it. If it's a long fight, I'll BF/KS followed by an AD early so I can use the CD's again.

The other rogue applied days after me, and was in the guild before I was even contacted. I was never actually contacted, I only found out I would probably be denied after trying to contact officers. I would have rather been declined than ignored, although I think a decline is coming in a reply soon.

12. Lime
    Veteran

Network Engineering
    Please do not concern yourself with other applicants. Openings can come at anytime. Please focus on the questions.

Can you be a little more detailed here. I'm confused at CD timing. When i asked for opening sequence, I meant everything you do, in order, CDs included, from the start until approx. 30 seconds into the fight.

EX: SSx5, SnD, KS, SSx5, Eviscerate, AR, SSx5, BF, TotTs approx. every 30s.

The above isn't what you should be doing as your opening sequence, but if you can post your opening sequence in that form, I can further analyze. Any details onto why you do things a particular way could prove helpful as well.

13. Pwncake

Tricks on tank, SS to 5 pts, SnD, SS to 5 pts, Eviscerate. SS to 5pts and Eviscerate. When SnD is almost up, I will either hold my 5 pts for a couple seconds without letting energy cap, and then SnD with ~1 sec left.

In a fight where I will be able to get 2 sets of CD's off, I will BF/KS followed by an AD so I will have AD and BF up for a few seconds. This happens after I get SnD up.

Every 30 seconds, I Tricks another rogue who puts Tricks on me. If no rogues are present I will Tricks a high DPS.

And no disrespect here, but I have concerned myself with the other rogue applicant because it directly effects me.

14. Lime
    Veteran

Network Engineering
    So are you using BF as you KS? Or are you BF and AR together and KS and AR together? I'm still confused on what you mean by a fight where you are able to get 2 sets off. Are there ICC fights where you don't?

15. Pwncake

And I was just being general. I can usually get 2 sets off so I use it in the beginning in ICC. 10 mans can be a little different though.

It seems like you just keep wanting me to repeat what I have already said.

I use Blade Flurry and Killing Spree at the same time. When I get out of Killing Spree, I Adrenaline Rush.

16. Pala
    Veteran

A rogue spot has opened up. Please reply if you are still interested.

17. Pwncake

I am very interested.