Ashes of Creation

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by Naboo, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Naboo
    Veteran Crowfall Member

@DARKTIDE!! yeah you can't buy your kingship, however.... as soon as live hits in CoE, I really REALLY REALLY doubt that they'll keep their kingship for that 10k they spent.... just saying.....

Also AoC fully funded in 1 day, less than one day, and today they're currently sitting at 957k of 750k, not bad not bad :p wish I could pledge more but I'll be content at my $80 Early Bird deal :p

2. Ezenkrul
    Veteran Black Desert Member

Tesla - Sr. Quality Control Coordinator

Let's hope. I really hope Steven can slay some of these crazy ideas going around reddit and the forums about this possibly being a scam in some way. Could just be haters, but never bad to be a bit cautious especially for myself since I pledged so much.

3. Naboo
    Veteran Crowfall Member

yeah bro that's super scary lol, I really hope it's not a scam too

4. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    Yeah I feel like its standard procedure for other game communities and even their staff (black ops staff in mmos? I know blizzard does this shit, dont let them say otherwise) jump in to derail games

5. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Let's be honest. Blizzard doesn't need their staff to derail other games, they have a massive fanbase without the need to draw negative attitudes/cast shade on them. The only thing that is hilariously "seedy" (if you could call it that) about Blizzard is the timing for patch/game releases that always line up with other MMOs.

6. Ezenkrul

In case anyone is interested here is a great interview that actually gave some new information and insight into the game.:

7. Ezenkrul

8. Ezenkrul

I have stopped recruiting for this game. I will start focusing on recruiting once the game is more within the grasps of players which hopefully will come the end of this year. I got my Friends and Family invite which is taking place Q4 of 2017 as well as an invite to every alpha and beta thereafter. I also have closed beta keys, about 11 of them that I will pass out to any interested in playing the game. The closed beta will most likely occur end of 2018, around sept/nov. ( so far away, I know. )

I currently have Dev access and will be participating in a monthly QnA with only 40 so other people that will be provided with more specific information regarding the game and their plans. Unfortunately I was required to sign an NDA before partaking in these meetings but I will release this information as soon as I am able to for those who are interested in playing.

Despite the fact that my real life is busier beyond belief, I am extremely interested in this game and very interested in Xen having a strong presence in Ashes. This game seems to be very focused on PvP and coming together not only as a guild but as a community to make things happen without the pay to win models and the bullshit gamers have been fed for awhile now. ( hopefully!!!!!!)

9. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    That is perfectly fine. Keep up the good work, whatever you can allow slip out. Make sure we know. Take good notes and be ready to post the shit out of everything once that NDA is lifted.

Thank you for stepping up and showing that everyday members can contribute to a big way to this community. I wish more had your drive even with their life going nuts.

Ezenkrul likes this.
  10. Blytz

Hey just saw the PAX west announcement of Alpha 0 being on December 15th so hopefully this game is not as far off as we think. My brother and I have been following it for a little while and are definitely interested in playing. Super excited! Please keep us posted

11. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    The PVP felt very WoWish. I am interested in this alpha, dont know if i will have the time and money tho.

12. Ezenkrul

Well hopefully I can start streaming the Alpha events soon. He announced that the NDA would be lifted soon but it hasn't happened yet. As for Alpha zero, can't get anyone in, but the next beta phase I will have keys to pass out. End of year though

**MARCH2018*
    Alpha Zero testers for 5 different time slots next week. Slots will be; Wednesday Slot 1~ 9:30AM - 2PM, Slot 2~ 2PM - 6:30PM , Thursday Slot 1~ 9:30AM - 2PM, Slot 2~ 2PM - 6:30PM and Friday Slot 1~ 9:30AM - 3PM. These tests will be displayed live on the convention floor while we display Ashes of Creation at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco. Times are in PDT(edited) **MARCH2018**

Hopefully this will be when the NDA will be removed.........ha.

Ashes will also be at PAX East in Boston.

DARKTIDE!! likes this.
  13. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    Good good

14. Neiuso
    Member Black Desert Member

Just popping in to provide an update on this game: Alpha 1 begins next month, and the NDA will be lifted once Alpha 1 is available. If you're interested in buying into Alpha 1, the current price is $500 (with plenty of other perks/cosmetics as well, of course) and the last day to buy in is this Wednesday, August 15th.

I've bought into Alpha 1 and will share my own experiences with the game. The first phase of it will include the action combat they've been working on for the past few months, with PvP being a heavy focus for testing things such as castle sieges, battlegrounds, arenas, node battles, etc.. There will also be a stream this Friday, August 17th showcasing the action combat among other things.

I'm personally looking forward to this game, and I'm definitely hoping XoO will have a division in it once it goes live.

Edit: I'd also like to mention the game currently has over 100 people working on it now compared to the small number of 12 just one year ago. Intrepid Studios is also planning on announcing 21 new hires soon. Just thought I'd bring that up to show how serious they are about their development speed/progress.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  15. Blasphemy
    Veteran

I've had my eye on this game for a while now. The idea of sieges actually having an impact on the game world and not being instanced pvp is pretty cool.

16. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    Yea sorry, with school screwing me over. Having to refinance my truck, and pax coming up. I cannot afford the 500 dollars right now to play in the alpha. This is the first one I'll miss in years. But life is just starting to kick me a bit more now that I'm down, and like I tell everyone self-preservation is more important than gaming. Yet I'm still looking forward to hearing everyone's discussions.

17. Neiuso
    Member Black Desert Member

If you're heading to PAX and interested in the game, they'll be holding a panel there September 1st at 10:30 PDT. Good luck with everything, DT.

18. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    Well if the line was as bad as last year. For the little gaming, I got out of it. I'll see if my back can hold out. I died waiting for the FF14 challenge it was so bad last year. That was like a 80ish min wait.

AOC was like 120-160 min wait... I made it once, and couldn't even really enjoy it cause of my pain. We will see sometimes I wish they had fast passes like theme parks anymore.