This is why Canadians think Americans are stupid.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Brownmccoy, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brownmccoy
    Veteran

note, before anything else is said, i do not think all Americans are stupid. In fact, I think that the ratio of idiots to intelligent people in Canada is about the same as the USA.

Now, this video is making me physically ill. This ignorance, and complete idiocy makes me want to perform a mass genocide of all the stupid people.

The video is about some idiots on Fox News mocking Canada and our military efforts in Afghanistan, after out 116th person has been killed over there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk

As i said, this is why the USA has the rep it has. Just thought I'd post this to see if other people feel the same way...

2. Neptuno
    Banned

Watching over 150 nukes sitting in the ground
    Well, I would just like to point out that separating Americans to only indicate people from the USA to be a misrepresentation. Also, Fox News isn't news... and in the spirit of anger management, i just block the channel on my tv and hope they eventually stop spewing propaganda with headlines

3. Rubius
    Veteran Xenforcer

Software Engineer
    I listen to the radio at work, usually all day. Today the talkshow I listen to talked about one thing only - you guessed it. Needless to say, the show was full of callers angered over the comments, even if it's just from idiots like Fox.... and bashing Americans ensued all day long. Our Defense Minister is demanding an apology from the network, so it's a pretty big deal up here in Canada.

This happened on a day when 4 of our fallen came home in caskets, which made the situation more tense.

4. Norrak
    Veteran

Tech Support
    I was seriously pissed until I saw it was FOX news. Actually I am still pissed off but considering it's gonna be used to discredit FOX News for years to come, and rightfully so, it's fine I guess.

5. Neptuno
    Banned

Watching over 150 nukes sitting in the ground
    Faux News: Fair and balanced...
    Between the right and the extreme wacko right.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  6. Shoji

Monk/Shaman
    Fox News is a joke. I tihnk The Onion is probably more factually accurate.

7. Valindria
    Veteran

Software Engineer
    Canada has an military? Do they get hockey sticks and chainsaws?

(sorry I had to. :))

8. Brownmccoy
    Veteran

Beavers provide our air support and moose take the front lines.

And I realize that Fox News is a huge POS, but... It's still a fucking stupid thing to make an article about.

@Neptuno: The only alternative to calling them Americans is Yankees, I do believe, and.... calling people Americans (since it is in your country name) just seems more appropriate to me. I wouldn't call you guys uniteders, or staters, or something like that.

9. Before watching I thought this was going to be a real news broadcast, but it is a Red Eye. Conservative actors/comedians are the only people ever on the shows. They are as about as reliable source of information as a Sarah Palin's downs baby. Just ignore them and move on, the show is on at 3am for a reason.

10. Brownmccoy
    Veteran

Yeah, as I said, Fox news is utter crap. It does not make the video any less offensive.

11. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    I don't think its anything to get worked up over. Its supposed to be comedic and its not a serious show. If Americans got worked up, like many Canadians are at this, every time someone cracked a joke at our expense we would have an even worse rep. If you don't want to be mocked put your head in the sand and don't listen to anyone else. Personally I don't give a damn what anyone says about us behind our backs because I am sure its nothing worse than what we say about them.

12. Sirius
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Software developer
    It actually does a better job making fun of stereotypical American ignorance than it does the Canadians. Didn't know they were in the war? Uh. Where have you been living? The "freeloading off the US" line is a load of tripe too - I used to live in New Zealand, who has basically nobody to defend them, and it doesn't matter - because they don't have enemies. Canada is in a pretty similar boat. I don't think the Russians have invasion on their minds any time within the next 50 years, and that's if they were even shutting down the entire military, which is also not true ...

It is, of course, a joke, which makes it harder to take offence at (or should IMHO). It's just a really, really bad one.

13. Aral
    Veteran

College Grad; Networking
    its *not* funny though. which is why we are offended. i watch/listen to loads of comedy, a fair portion of which is anti-somthing, this includes anti-canadian and its never offended me. because its all in good fun.

this. on the other hand was not funny, nor sharing of the spirit of satire, it was just rude.

14. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

LOL Canadians are always pissing on Americans and then some BS 3am Fox News show that I don't think Americans even know exist makes fun of Canada and you guys get all bunched up about it.

Sorry I think it's just sad. Both the show and the fact that Canada is calling America stupid because they believe this is a serious show. Which one is really stupid?

15. Brownmccoy
    Veteran

Ummmm, what? Canadians pissing on Americans? Yeah, we make fun of you guys, and you guys make fun of us (in fact, moreso you guy than us), but its typically in a playful manner. This, on the other hand, is flat out insulting our military and essentially spitting in the face of all the soldiers who died, and their friends and families. This is not comedic in any way, shape or form.

So yeah. We aren't really overreacting at all. Remember when we were saying that invading Iraq was a stupid idea as it was happening? How defensive did you guys get as a whole? Pretty fucking defensive. And this was because you guys were invading a country, while you already had a war going on, because some intel said 'they might have weapons of mass destruction'. Think of that before you say that we are overreacting to this.

16. PhoenixDog
    Veteran

Delivery Receiver - Sears/Futureshop/Bestbuy
    Fox news or not, that kind of attitude and ignorance is pretty rapid in the US. I recently broke up with my current GF, but she lives in Wisconsin, and I visited her 3 times. I got a lot of flack from people that found I was Canadian, and most of it was simple shit that anyone should know. And talking to her, it's amazing how intelligent a woman she really is...But doesn't know fuck about Canada. America doesn't actually teach their students about the country they share a border with.

And again, Fox news or not...They speak for their country. It's pathetic, wrong, and down right assinine. Let's not forget the Canadian Military track record...The War of 1812 is my favourite war for a reason. We saved them in WW1. We saved them and again (Not to mention our participation and success in D-Day) in WW2, and when was the last time you heard negativity coming out of Afghanistan, which Canada and NATO are the primary force of? The only weakness our military has is our numbers, due to Canada's overall small population. However, the training our forces receives (I have long time friends in the military here, and in Afghanistan as well) far surpasses anything the United States gets. Not to mention our JTF2 Special Forces is the 2nd best trained task force in the world, only next to the Israeli Special Forces.

I know I'll get a bunch of "Rofl's" and "Lol's" from the Americans here for what I'm saying, but it only further perpetuates the truth - You know nothing about us, and when you hear that something up here is better than you, especially something as big to your country as your military...You will dismiss it. But seriously...Look up the details. Anything I've said can easily be found online and at regular websites (besides Wiki). I studied a lot of this in school, and have always been fascinated by the Canadian Military.

And seriously...If we take this year off...And someone invades us...I don't think the US needs to do shit, since we have the 140+ other countries in the U.N. and NATO that will bomb the fuck out of the country stupid enough to do it. And America...Come and try and invade us. You know those Mounties you made fun of? You forget about the other people behind them. And History likes to repeat itself (Cough1812Cough). Let me leave it at that.

17. PhoenixDog
    Veteran

Hai guis...Let's make fun of the Canadian Service Men who risk their lives everyday to fight a war we foolishly started 8 years ago for no fucking reason! That'll get a laugh.

They weren't mocking Canada...They were mocking our Military and our Service Men. THAT is fucking offencive, a fucking joke or not. HAHAHA, It's hilarious that Canadians are being killed in a pointless fucking war...Let's mock them! not to mention the fucking Mountie comments...That was just retarded. "We drive high powered armoured cars...They ride horses". Fucking retards.

18. Honestly though, 99% of us would have never known about this in any way shape or form if it wasn't for the Canadians reacting to such a terrible show.
    1. FOX news is the most conservative networks out there, no one can even touch them in that regard.
    2. No one pays attention to them at all anymore, if you say you listen to FOX news, you will probably be laughed at for hours and fired from your job for stupidity.
    3. Red Eye is on at 3am, meaning there are all but 10 people watching that shit, the people on during the interviews are washed up comedians/actors that really have no influence in the world at all.
    4. At one point the the 1990's one F14 tomcat had more firepower than all of the Canadian Airforce, I think we are allowed to make a couple of jokes here and there.
    5. The jokes made on this show were very poor in taste, but in no way is any cause to get riled up over, the people who said them are the same people who thinks Bush was the greatest thing ever.

19. The Communist
    Veteran

Student
    I think we can agree that Fox news is trolling us...

20. PhoenixDog
    Veteran

Avro-Arrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.