Penns win the stanley cup

Discussion in 'Public General Chat' started by Brownmccoy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Brownmccoy
    Veteran

I was cheering for Detroit, but it was a great game. Also, I had to make this... and anyone who knows whats going on will probably laugh.

[​IMG]

Grumble likes this.
  2. Valindria
    Veteran

Software Engineer
    I felt bad for Hossa. Dude just wants to win the cup and retire. I'm a Red Wings fan so I was disappointed with the outcome, but games 6 and 7 where both really good. Fucking shots kept hitting the posts instead of going in.

3. Norrak
    Veteran

Tech Support
    I highly doubt he wants to retire, the guy is only 30 years old. He got greedy when he saw an opportunity to win the cup and it backfired in his face. He could have stayed with the Pens for a few years and try to win the cup with them. With Malkin, Crosby and Fleury... they had to win a cup in the next few years for sure.

4. Valindria
    Veteran

Software Engineer
    30's getting old in hockey years. :) He still took a pay cut to go to Detroit with the goal of winning the cup. Is taking a pay cut greedy? It's easy to say it didn't pay out now that the pens won. But still with all the talent Detroit has, it seemed like a good move to me.

5. Shoji

Monk/Shaman
    Pens fan since '85. :D

I loled. Hossa can kiss my feathery black & white ass. :D

It was actually more than the Pens offered him (though the Pens offered 5 years at 7 mil compared to Detroit's 1-year 7.45 mil). Edmonton was who offered the multi-year 9+ mil/year contract. But anyway, point is that at least this year he didn't take a pay cut over what he would have made playing for the Pens. Hope he likes a nice cold dish of 2nd place with his extra $450k. :p

6. Aerthan

The thing is he didn't play like someone who was hungry for a cup, he played like someone who wanted to be carried to a cup. Billy Guerin already had a cup, but he played like he wanted another.

Another Red Wing fan here. Early in the playoffs I noticed that Pitt was playing a lot like the Red Wings (the way their defenders control the puck and forwards pinch on defense), so I was a bit worried that the team that took Detroit to 6 last year had gotten better while Detroit was either even or maybe had fallen a bit. I have faith in the Detroit management though they've proven over the years that they will take the right steps to keep the team playing at the highest level and give them a shot at the cup every year.

7. Jeb

Crosby is from Cole Harbour which is a suburb of Halifax where I live ;) I am sure things will get crazy around there once he gets a chance to come home. ;)