Nadrik's Application

Discussion in 'Accepted and on Probation' started by Nadrik, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Nadrik

Software Engineer
    WildStar Application
    How old are you?
    Do you have Teamspeak 3 and a working microphone?
    Yes
    Typically, can you commit to events that run from 8PM-11PM EST?
    Yes
    What times are you availible to play? Be specific and include your timezone.
    All times are eastern, and subject to RL events and (unlikely) GF aggro. Obviously I won't be online at all times in these windows, but the reflect my usual free time.

Monday: Usually at pub trivia, which means no play time
    Tuesday: 6:30 PM-Midnight
    Wednesday: 6:30 PM-Midnight
    Thursday: 6:30 PM-Midnight
    Friday: 6:30 PM-Midnight
    Saturday: All day
    Sunday: All day
    How many hours do you anticipate playing per week, on average?
    20+ pretty easily
    What is your anticipated Character Class?
    At the moment I'm split between Engineer and Medic. Leaning Engie.
    What is your anticipated playstyle (DPS,Healer, or Tank)?
    Tank if Engie, Healer if Medic. DPS offspecs with both.
    What is your MMO experience and what progression have you experienced in those games? Please be as detailed as possible
    I've played just about every major MMO to be released since the mid 90s. Most of my time was spent between Ultima Online, Shadowbane, and World of Warcraft. I'm currently playing GW2 and PS2 pretty casually.

As far as PVE progression goes, the only applicable game I've played for any significant amount of time is WoW. During the initial launch I was part of a "server first" raiding guild, scoring first kills in MC, BWL and AQ. I was unable to play seriously during most of BC due to moving around a lot while being in the military, but I did experience Kara, SSC and BT. In WotLK I was again part of a progression raiding guild, seeing 100% of the raiding content, and clearing most of it in hard-modes. Having server firsts in both 10 and 25m 3 Drake Sartharion.

Again in Cata I raided very little, seeing almost none of the raid content. My play time was again affected by duties outside of the game. In Mists I've done mostly LFR and pickup raiding, as I simply haven't cared to find a guild when I was planning on leaving the game anyway.

In Shadbowbane I played with the guild The Shipwrecked Pirates on the Mourning and Corruption servers. We were a small guild that was known for being extremely skilled and organized, able to defeat forces several times our size. We won the server 10 v 10 tournament 2 years in a row, without having a single person die in any of the matches.

I left TSP due to no longer wanting to remain in-character at all times. Talking like a pirate 100% of the time just got old.
    Are you willing to put in the time and effort researching your class in order to maximize your characters in-game abilities? This includes researching the most effective specs, talents, and strategies.
    Yes
    How do you feel about progression raiding?
    I enjoy the challenge. I've always been the kind of player who likes to squeeze out every bit of performance that I can. It's part of the fun for me.

Though I will admit that these days I'm flat out not as hardcore as I used to be. Gaming and raiding used to be a priority for me, and that's no longer the case. It's something that I do as a hobby, and RL will always come first.
    How do you feel about PvP?
    I typically enjoy siege based PvP, which is mostly why I still play GW2. I don't mind battleground type PvP too much, but it's not my first choice. And I enjoy arenas even less.

I'm looking forward to see what warplots are all about. Kind of disappointed we've seen so little about them so far.
    Are you able to dedicate 2-3 nights and 2-3 hours on each of those nights per week to guild specific functions?
    Yes
    Do you plan on playing any other MMO while playing WildStar Online?
    No
    Have you been a part of any other Xen of Onslaught division? If so, which ones and do you have anyone who would recommend you?
    I have not.
    Referred by?
    Recruitment post on Reddit
    Have you read the WildStar Division Information thread and agree to abide by the guidelines within?
    Yes
    Certify that you have requested to join the WildStar Permissions Group (availible by editing your profile) by selecting YES.
    Yes

2. Itherael
    Banned

Thanks for applying. The next step in the application process will be for you to get onto our Teamspeak server for an interview. Please let me know when you would be available.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  3. Itherael
    Banned

Spoke with in TeamSpeak on 1/30. Approved. Please be sure to remain active on the forums and keep an eye on the WildStar section for updates. Welcome aboard.