Konker's Application

Discussion in 'Accepted and on Probation' started by Konker, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Konker

TERA (NA) Application
    How old are you?
    In-Game Name?
    Konker
    Do you have Teamspeak 3 and a mic?
    Yes
    What is your primary class?
    Mystic
    Why did you choose XoO:
    I came across XoO while looking for guilds to pre-apply for while eagerly awaiting Tera's release / open beta head start. I believe I can bring a lot to the competitive pvp side of things. While I am under 18 years of age, I believe I am a mature individual who will be a valued member of the community with like minded players around the globe.
    Previous Gaming Experience:
    I have been gaming my whole life, but want to start getting into a lot, lot more competitive side of PvP. I've played everything from Halo, Nearly every MMORPG (Warhammer, GW, WoW, Rift etc etc) All of the Ghost recon series, CSS, the entire CoD series and so on. I guess that gives enough of a general idea.
    What will you contribute to the guild?
    Every game I've played online, every team I've been in has considered me as a leader. I actively participate in guild events, help members wherever possible, no matter how small or menial the task at hand is. If accepted I will contribute an amazing support Mystic to the roster. In every MMO I have always played support. In WoW - I achieved Gladiator in multiple seasons with nearly every healing class. If accepted, as stated earlier in this application - I will bring an amazing Mystic for the PvP scene of the guild. I actively strive to become a better player, take constructive criticism and want to be the best there is.
    Localization:
    NA
    Do you have a referral?
    -
    A little bit about yourself?
    My name is Liam, and I reside in Melbourne, Australia. I have been a gamer my entire life and don't see that changing any time in the future. I am currently studying year 12, but this won't affect my play time. I photograph from time to time and Skateboard / BMX in my free time.
    Activity level?
    50+
    Do you have a high speed internet connection and a good computer?
    Yes
    Have you applied to the TERA usergroup?
    Yes
    You have 9 balls. All but 1 weigh the same (1 is heavier). You are able to use the scale (2 sided scale) to weigh them against other balls two times. How do you find the ball with the different weight to it?
    1 - Assign the balls into three groups of three.
    2 - Weigh two groups.
    3 - If the first two groups weigh the same, then the heavier ball is obviously in the third group - but if not, it is on the heavier side of the scale.
    4 - (Assuming it was already on the scale) - we can see that the heavier ball is located in one of the three.
    5 - Now we know which group has the heavier ball, weigh two balls against each other.
    6 - If one of the balls is heavier then we have our answer. If the balls weigh the same then the third ball is the heavy one and we again have our answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  2. Thaisha
    Veteran

Account mannager sales company
    take 8 balls. put them on the wieght 4 -4

if one side is Heavier trow the other side balls and the remaining ball away.

if they are just as heavy the remaining ball is difrent one.

- the side that had the heavy ball you split up again 2 -2
    trow the lighter side away.

2 balls left. same procedure. Heavy ball Left.

But hey your awnser was good too. a bit more steps, but its solved.

PS your awnser is the same as Google awnser link

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  3. Vangelis
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Mr. Mom
    I have no issues using google. I'd say a lot of people's character builds begin with a Google search and eventually end in copy/paste. How to beat an instance? Google. What's the best PvP build? Wheres the best place to farm mat x? What's the best skill rotation? How do I answer this riddle? All can be found on Google. So please don't let that be your deciding factor. Kid has balls to apply.

4. Konker

Mm. I should have certainly put more thought into the last question, I did in-fact rush it to get my app in ASAP. Stupid move on my behalf if I wanted to be taken seriously, sorry about that.

5. Thaisha
    Veteran

Account mannager sales company
    dont worry.. just like Vangalis said. every one is using Google a lot.
    its one of the worlds main center for knowledge.
    your Application is great. and well written.
    the CO of Tera NA will get back to you on it (or one of his officers) and if they dont think this application is good. then some will bitch slap them behind the head :p

6. Peppershaker
    Veteran

I have a few questions
    1)considering the time difference when are your activity hours?(state timezone in answer to avoid confusion please) Just wondering because I'm usually awake at very weird hours my self.
    2)given you're 18, some of the things that may be said are not safe for work sometimes, is this going to be a problem for you?
    3)If your still currently playing wow what guild are you from and are you currently working towards there pve goals if they have any?

Also I would like to apologies for the late reply, looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  7. Konker

1. GMT +10 Ranging from 9 am till 12 am EST onwards every day. Some days I have a class or two so I will be idle for a few hours.
    2. Absolutely 100% no problem whatsoever. I've been around NSFW players for a very long time, I do enjoy the good laugh with everyone.
    3. Have quit WoW for good this time around, my apologies.

No worries about the late reply. Thank you for taking the time to review my application and asking further questions.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  8. mercsan
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Nice, another 18 *wink* year old virgin coming around!!! PREPARE YOUR ANUS!!

Nah, Jk.

Ill talk to you in TS

9. Konker

Aha. I have class starting in an hour, would you like to make a set time to have a chat or would you like me to just jump on and try too find you?

10. Peppershaker
    Veteran

I'll be around for the next 4ish hours in TS so if your done class/home by then we can have a little talk and go from there, looking forward to hearing from you!

11. Konker

I'll be home in just over three and a half hours from now, I'm so sorry about the inconvenience.

12. Peppershaker
    Veteran

No its fine Really good chance I will still be around tonight

13. Konker

Swell, swell. Stupid question but where can I find the TS details for when I get home?

14. Peppershaker
    Veteran

Set you a PM

15. Peppershaker
    Veteran

accepted and on probation
    trial period starts at the beginning of open beta.