Destiny 2 - week 6 recap

Discussion in 'FPS Public Chat' started by EniGmA1987, Dec 5, 2017.

1. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

This week was our first time scheduling two raid groups in the same week. We did a raid at 6pm EST on Sat. for the more experienced crowd. This time the challenge mode was at the bath house. It was out first time learning this challenge but we did it fairly well, only wiping twice from what I recall. The hardest part is the buffs were running out before we made full rotations of the players due to the 4 plate rotation instead of 2 plate rotation, so it took a little longer to get the chains up for the damage phase. But we ended up completing this challenge so congrats to everyone who took part!

Our second group was a few people who were newer to the game and had not yet done the raid with the clan, so it was another learning event. The bath house with this new group was a little more challenging due to the group being mostly comprised of lower level players and no one had done it before. But the new players learned it well and after a few initial wipes we all seemed to get the timing down and into the groove of things and cleared it well.
    The 2nd encounter was gauntlet this week and this one took a long time to do. There are a lot of mechanics and unfortunately we had 4 warlocks in the group and during the final phase when everyone has to run we kept having people fall into the first pit right after the 2nd wall. So that room took a long time to complete until people finally got the hang of the 2nd wall jump and were able to stay alive longer.
    The 3rd encounter room was led by Personal Riot as I had to leave, and the group was able to clear the dog house (gardens) relatively easily. Which is great as that room normally takes a long time for a new group to learn.
    The group was able to get a rundown of the Calus fight and tried it once or twice, but unfortunately we just ran out of time and a couple people had to leave. So the people that were able to remain then learned the underbelly section of the raid since we no longer had a full group.
    I was told that at least 1 of the new people this week was able to join a pub group later and complete the raid. So congrats to Saelbrekan for learning the whole raid with us and then completing it on his own after the clan group broke up!

One bit of bad news is that we were unfortunately not able to unlock the top clan level 6 during season 1 :( We are only 27,000 XP away from reaching the max level which is so close. There is a cap on weekly clan XP each player can get, so it looks like if we wanted to get to lvl 6 in this abbreviated season we probably needed just 1 more player with us to have reached it. So unfortunately we will not get our special season 1 clan banner this time.
    Lets be sure and make it to level 6 during season 2 so we get our new banner this time!

Tomorrow will see the launch of the new Curse of Osiris expansion! This brings us a new campaign that takes place on the planet Mercury and revolves around the Vex. We get a level increase to 25, and a power level increase as well.
    I hope to see you all on this weekend! Don't forget to group up with clan mates when you see them on and play through the campaign together.

2. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    Enigma would you like me to start turning this into a weekly Facebook post for you?

3. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

4. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    K will do it when I wake up