Alliance Poll

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online Public Chat' started by EniGmA1987, Mar 5, 2014.

?

Which alliance should we play?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2014.
  1. Aldmeri Dominion

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Daggerfall Covenant

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Ebonheart Pact

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

With the game about a month away from launch and 9-10 of us confirmed as playing with pre-orders already it is probably time to finalize an alliance choice for our group. I personally dont care much which we go with because since I already pre-ordered I can pick any race with any alliance, so w/e. I am going to leave this poll open for 3 weeks and whichever has the most votes by closing time will be the official alliance for our group.

2. Gankfest
    Banned

Computer Software/Hardware
    AD .

3. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Well I'll have a character in every faction. I might have all three created and hours of leveling under their belts before my first character is even 50. No matter what people roll, I'll be able to do things like guest their PvP campaign or run an instance.

My first character is DC. Redguard Nightblade... likely Werewolf.

A few reasons being: I love the zones. I know some people playing there. The faction needs numbers for PvP.

AD for my second character. Likely an Altmer Sorc. Possibly Vampire Tank.

AD is the second most popular faction at the moment and, thanks to a few podcasters and fansites, will likely have a lot of hype and fun events to join.

4. Noollab
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Programmer
    I vote AD, since their leader and backstory appeals to me more than the other two. Also, fucking Bosmer, man.
    Unfortunately, unless they allow region hot-swapping, I won't be playing on the US mega-server, so it probably won't matter anyway. :/

5. Mariusz
    Veteran

Doesnt matter for me as I pre-ordered, but I chose EP because I like their starting area the best for fast leveling and tons of nodes for crafting

6. Snowman
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

Opticlal Lab Manager
    no sure how the multi faction guilds work for pvp, but I know guilds can have multiple factions. I just hope we can all be in same guild for the shop part of it, and help each other level and such with the store up, resources and items and such.

but planning on going Dark elf, Dagger fall, dragonknight dual weild heavy armor, crafting wise going blacksmith>apothecary>enchant>provisions. in that order of importance and trying..

after the last few betas this is what I feel will be most fun for me.. for once ina game I say screw you healer!@@ and going to try tank, espeiclaly in a game where threat level doesn't really exsist due to advanced AI and how they go for healer or squishy first I think DK with its scoripion flame chain thing will be super nice

7. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

You join guilds on your account rather than your individual characters and you can join up to 5 total. The individual members can be any faction (as the members are account based and you will likely have many alts). You join a DC guild on your DC character and later you make an EP character, you still have access to guild chat and all that fun stuff. Everyone knows you in guild chat by your @handle.

Each guild has to pick a faction to be a part of when they are created. The guild picks a faction for PvP purposes. When you play a character in your guild's alliance, you have to option to capture a keep for your guild while in Cyrodiil.

I believe the method they use to keep you from spying is that when you join a campaign on one character, you cannot take a character from another faction and join the same campaign. So fighting alongside your guild keeps you from taking an alt in through a different faction.

8. Snowman
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

Opticlal Lab Manager
    I understand that. personally I hate that tho.. I get it for retail sales and replayability. but I always felt choose a faction stick with it, or multi account.... BUT I was reading during the beta that players were joining a guild, that was made up of multiple factions.

9. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

Well the poll is closed and Ebonheart is the clear winner. From what it looks like though that shouldn't matter to anyone who wants to play another faction. I tested some stuff these last couple beta's and as both an Aldmeri and Daggerfall character I was able to join an Ebonheart guild so do not feel like you are limited in what you can play.

Early access starts 7am eastern time in the US this coming Sunday. Hopefully I will see a lot of you on and we can group together.

10. Reinier
    Veteran

I'm rolling Dominion because they have the most fun quest