A First Look at Group Dungeons In ESO

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online Public Chat' started by moneda, Feb 13, 2014.

1. moneda
    Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  2. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I had a feeling TF would be the the ones to put a dungeon video together. Didn't disappoint, pretty informative.

3. moneda
    Veteran

Public Dungeons~

4. Leoben

looks pretty sexy

5. Mariusz
    Veteran

Nice review from TF, cant wait to get back on
    Wonder why their DK was wearing light armor.... i get wearing a few pieces for magika boosts, but chest piece? strange....

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  6. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Regen is the main reason anyone wears light. I presume he levels heavy and light, uses light when he wants to be more damage/spam focused and heavy as more mitigation is needed. At least, that is how I make sense of it. More regen equals more class abilities and if he can manage to tank with just the armor ability, why not?

7. Utherix

What decoy said. There are no cooldowns in ESO, so more magicka = more times in a row you can cast your abilities. It may be hard to justify using Heavy Armor to boost your health when light armor would let you cast an extra heal instead or something.

Other games do not have this problem as much, because they make heavy armor useless for casters and light armor useless for melee characters by restricting the stat bonuses. As far as I can tell, all items in the game can pick from the same pool of bonus attributes, especially in crafting.

8. Mariusz
    Veteran

Lol you guys are missing my question... i understand why people wear light, i just dont get why he would wear a light chest piece for TANKING... all you need is light belt, hands, feet and maybe helm... i would stick to the main chest and legs with heavy for extra armor and the heavy armor benefits for tanking...

9. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

well I did say my theory above, I was saying: maybe the place was too easy. He didn't feel the extra armor was needed thanks to his DK armor ability and just stuck to light/dps gear. Perhaps if it were a 20+ instance he would have had to wear more heavy pieces. This is just my uninformed guess, however.

10. moneda
    Veteran

I'ma just use this thread for all the medias~

11. Leoben

When my DK uses that ability that makes the spikes come out of his back (you mentioned it in your post), while the ability is active if I open my character screen my armor score is in orange and if I hover my mouse over it, the tootltip says my armor score is maxed out and further increases will not reduce incoming damage <- I don't remember the exact wording but that was the message it was getting across. I never tried running around all in light, i was in all heavy. The bonus that it gives you is a couple hundred, so i'm pretty sure you could get away with light armor (I never tested it though). Additionally, I had no issues keeping those spike's out the whole time i was fighting.

12. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

oooh nice video. Even though you can't target friendlies, I like that they went with that style of raid frames. Reminds me of the Grid addon.

Wish that video kept going to show the rebuilding process post-cap.

Nice info. No way that isn't getting nerfed. Probably right after the Kahjiit racials.

13. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

A look at the PvP map and how Cyrodiil works. Information on how fast travel requirements work in relation to resource control, it also appears to be free in Cyrodiil. He touches on quests and PvE content in Cyrodiil as well. Requirements for becoming Emperor. Wow there are a lot of different types of siege equipment.